Estate Agents and Agencies in Languedoc
Looking for an estate agent based in Languedoc Roussillon? Well, you've come to the right place. Use the search form to the right to find estate agencies in an area of Languedoc that you're interested in. Click as many areas as you like.
There are about 4,000 estate agents in Languedoc, and quite a few agents who specialise in holiday rentals. We recently conducted a poll amongst those who've bought property for sale in Languedoc asking them about their experiences with estate agents operating in the Languedoc region, and most thought estate agents here charged too much commission (5%-10% on average) and didn't really listen to their brief.
That said, there are some excellent estate agencies operating in Languedoc. In fact, those estate agents who deal more with foreigners tend to offer a higher level of service, and its those agents who are more likely to list their services on our website! So use our Agent Search function to the right - rather than just wandering into any old estate agent's offices in some village. It could save you lots of time and hassle.
Our Langeudoc Estate Agency Tips:
- You will save a huge amount of time if you have a clear idea of what you are looking for, what area and the budget available. (See our Price Guide section). One way to tighten up your brief for estate agencies in Languedoc is to have a clear idea of what area of Languedoc you're interested in. Our 'Where to Buy' page will be very helpful in this respect. Also, give your estate agents a clear idea of how much you're prepared to spend - our Property Price Calculator will help you there.
- Don't let Languedoc estate agents bully you into visiting properties that are clearly off-brief. They will all have a few properties that they're having difficulty selling - and may be keen to show you those first.
- Some Languedoc estate agents have certain specialties: new builds, coastal properties, leasebacks etc. so be sure that they will be able to help you - ask about their portfolio and expertise.
- Remember that their fees will usually be included in the price - first confirm this and the percentage involved. There may be some room for negotiation in this area if you find something you like.
- Be focused in your search - going to loads of Languedoc estate agents is not the best approach. Work with those you feel comfortable with and can best meet your needs.
- Remember that no two houses are alike so be prepared to be flexible - thinking about what you are prepared to compromise on in advance will be helpful.
- Only by showing you a few properties will a Languedoc estate agent get to fully understand your needs. So build in extra time to your schedule to give them a chance to get to grips with what you're really looking for.
- Don't expect to turn up on an agent's doorstep and have them take you to 20 houses. Call or visit each Languedoc estate agent first to arrange appointments.
- You'll also want to download and print off our free Property Terms Dictionary - as your Languedoc-based estate agent will be babbling away about poutres, l'amiante and clauses suspensives - and if you're not up on the lingo, you could miss out on some vital information.